[ProgSoc] NSURLConnect (iPhone SDK, NdV might know this?)

Bryn Davies curious.jp at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 12:10:17 EST 2010

 When an application deploys the URL loading system via NSURLConnect,
does it transparently leverage the proxy settings (for e.g. a
corporate or institutional proxy) registered in System Preferences? I
can't confirm or deny this because I don't have access to the proxy
logs at uni, but it seems not...

 If not, I am having trouble seeing how this is supposed to be
implemented by app developers as surely we don't want proxy addresses,
usernames and passwords in possibly untrusted developer hands. Any
thoughts? Beginning to think I am going to have to jailbreak again and
install a local privoxy.

 B.

--
餓鬼も人数 。