[ProgSoc] NSURLConnect (iPhone SDK, NdV might know this?)

Nathan de Vries nathan at atnan.com
Fri Feb 26 19:43:24 EST 2010

Hi Bryn,

If you've configured the "UniWireless" network to automatically configure itself via the proxy auto-config file supplied by the uni [1], applications that use NSURLConnection should work just fine. Facebook definitely uses NSURLConnection, however I know that it also implements the delegate method I mentioned earlier. Unless they're correctly handling the authentication challenge, you may not be able to connect correctly.

One option would be to sign up to an ADC account and create a small test case to see if you're able to connect. You'd need to run it on the device because the simulator has a different network stack, but it would let you rule out an issue at your end.

Cheers,

Nathan

[1] http://www.its.unimelb.edu.au/support/networks/wireless/uniwireless/apple_iphone