[ProgSoc] Laptop options

Peter Dolkens peter.dolkens at ddrit.com
Sun Dec 11 15:15:51 EST 2011

Given that Lenovo is doing an online special right now that brings the
included spec down to $2.5k, I'd have to suggest the T520 too.
Reliability-wise, Lenovo, Asus, and Toshiba are all top of the pack, so
nothing to worry about there, and this Lenovo has a 3 year warranty by
default, so perfect for you. The W520 doesn't seem to be quite as good
value for money right now (Doesn't have half the savings that the T520 has)

DescriptionThinkPad T520 - 3 Yr Standard Depot WarrantyProcessor:Intel Core
i7-2860QM Processor (2.50GHz, 8MB L3, 1333MHz)Operating system:Windows 7
Professional (64 bit)Operating system language:Windows 7 Professional 64 -
English Display type:15.6" FHD (1920x1080) LED Backlit Anti-Glare display,
with Wireless WAN AntennaSystem graphics:NVIDIA Quadro NVS4200M Optimus
technology (1GB)Total memory:8 GB PC3-10600 DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHz SODIMM
Memory (2 DIMM)Keyboard:Keyboard - US English Camera:720p HD Camera with
MicrophoneHard drive:Intel 160GB Solid State Drive, Serial ATAOptical
device:DVD RecordableSystem expansion slots:Express Card Slot, 4-in-1 Card
Reader with place-holder coverBattery:9 Cell 2.8Ah Li-Ion BatteryPower
cord:135W
AC Adapter - Australia/New ZealandBluetooth:Broadcom Bluetooth 3.0 with
antennaIntegrated WiFi wireless LAN adapters:Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
AGNIntegrated mobile broadband:Mobile Broadband ready (no mobile broadband
module)Language pack:Publication - English AP