[ProgSoc] Forest (Realm) Source Code

Bryn Davies curious.jp at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 19:24:55 EST 2011

On 12/12/2011 05:40 PM, dale.geddes at netspace.net.au wrote:
> Looking For Someone In Your Society That Knows Alot About And Remembers Forest
> or Realm The Old MUD you guys used to run on 138.25.7.1 (I Know Its Sad I
> Remember The IP) LOL i was a regular on there known as (Rustyboy).

  Not only do I remember forest - I actually remember you.
Unfortunately, I'm not sure who has control of whatever became of realm.
I'm surprised that we let this piece of progsoc history (once proudly
featured in TFM...), it seems, inadvertently slip away.  Raz?

  Peter suggested extending DIKU or similar, but a few dedicated talker
codebases survive on the net - check http://hg.talkersource.com/ .

  According to http://www.livinginternet.com/r/ri_talkers.htm , Forest
was descended from Surfers, which was descended from Foothills, which
was descended from Elsewhere (begat begat begat).  Talkersource.com has
some other elsewhere descended lineages available.

  - B.