[ProgSoc] [DonateSoc] ProgSoc want a ProLiant?

Peter Revelant revelant at progsoc.org
Tue Jun 26 02:50:35 EST 2012

Thanks for the offer of RAM, James (Kirsop). I have already replied to
James (Ducker) off-list telling him to go ahead and put the ProLiant
up on ebay. We already have quite a bit of hardware lying around
unused, which we need to utilise/cannibalise/recycle. It would be a
bit irresponsible to continue to hoard machines that could be used
elsewhere.

I am hoping to press some of the dormant machines into service over
the next few months. No doubt some of those could benefit from RAM
upgrades, requiring DIMMs (SIMMs, SIPPs, DIPs!?) of various vintages.
When that time comes, and if I can't supply upgrades from ProgSoc's or
my personal store, I will post a wishlist to the ProgSoc list. Perhaps
your spare RAM box could come to our aid then.

Peter (CSO)