[ProgSoc] AGM Reminder -- 29th March (this Thursday)

Andrew Halliday mail at andi.id.au
Wed Mar 28 01:49:19 EST 2012

I think progsoc needs to develop or adopt a standard voting procedure.

The lack of clear definition of the powers of the president mean that you are essentially dictating what you want to the members. Although I think what you have outlined below is fair (with one exception) it doesn't mean that this spirit will always be followed by subsequent office holders.

Allowing nominations at an AGM and not allowing absentee voting is, well, bullshit. Nominations should close at least 3 days prior to the AGM and a list of candidates circulated to progsoc at progsoc

The current state of electoral procedure is woeful. Doesn't the Union have a standard model that can be used?

I probably shouldn't get my knickers in a twist considering most positions are elected by default, but its the principle of the matter - the president shouldn't have free reign to define electoral processes at each electoral event within progsoc.

-Andi