[ProgSoc] Should Australian Technology Park be saved by the NSW and Federal governments?

Roland Turner roland at rolandturner.com
Mon Oct 12 14:42:51 AEDT 2015

(clearing old email)

Singapore's success with Block 71 (now JTC LaunchPad) suggests that
government efforts to foster a startup sector by encouraging
concentration - and doing so in an environment where land costs are even
higher than Sydney's - can support material progress in this direction.
I suspect that a real estate deal by itself is nowhere near enough
though: many parts of Singapore's government have been working with the
startup ecosystem, both independently and in coordinated ways, for years
to get to the current state. It does not seem likely that state or
federal governments in Australia would be capable of this, even if they
wanted to.

- Raz