From ProgSoc Wiki
Minutes of Programmers' Society AGM, 19th March 1998
Chair: Roland Turner
- Meeting commenced at 4:39 pm
- Apologies: Michael Miller, Cam Dorrington
- Minutes of previous AGM were adopted, moved Anand Kumria, seconded Tim Johnson.
- President's report presented by Roland Turner on activities of the past year. Items of note included the Sparc Linux port developed by Anton Blanchard, as well as a commentary on the future direction of progsoc, with more of our members considering us an ISP.
- Roland Turner selected as the Returning Officer. Moved Andrew Wilson.
- 1997 executive resigned.
- The following nominations existed, with votes as recorded:
- Anton Blanchard (14 votes, elected)
- Glenn Williamson (3 votes)
- Vice President:
- Carolyn Choy (elected)
- Glenn Williamson
- Michael Miller (unopposed)
- Peter Meric (unopposed)
- Computer Systems Officer:
- Tim Johnson (8 votes, 9 votes)
- Glenn Williamson (5 votes)
- Shaun Clowes (7 votes, 11 votes, elected)
Meeting closed 4:56pm.
While a financial report was not given at the meeting, Cameron Dorrington (the retiring Treasurer) provided these details informally afterwards:
- Large expenditure this year:
- $2077 TFM printing
- $1000 Router
- $3890 DAT drive, 4G SCSI, 3x2GSCSI
- About $1400 in the bank
- The spending was financed from about $5000 in membership and TFM income and was supplemented by taking $2780 from the bank account.